Easy to deploy Looking Glass made in PHP.
The lack of time and funding has slown down this project quite a lot. It is still maintained though. If you like it, use it and want to support its development, you can sponsor it or contribute in any way you can.
- Webserver such as Apache 2, or Lighttpd, etc…
- PHP (>= 8.1) module for the webserver (
libapache2-mod-phpfor Apache 2 for example)
- The PDO extension to interact with SQLite for anti-spam feature
php8.2-sqlite3on Debian for example)
- The XML package is required as well (
php8.2-xmlon Debian for example)
This web application made in PHP is what we call a Looking Glass. This is a tool used to get some information about networks by giving the opportunity to execute some commands on routers. The output is sent back to the user.
For now this looking glass is quite simple. Here you have some features:
- Support the following router types:
- BIRD (v1 and v2)
- Cisco (IOS and IOS-XR)
- Extreme/Brocade NetIron
- Huawei (VRP)
- Support of Telnet and SSH connection to routers using password authentication and SSH keys
- Configurable list of routers
- Tweakable interface (title, logo, footer, elements order)
- Log all commands in a file
- Customizable output with regular expressions
- Configurable list of allowed commands
- Custom routing instances, aka VRFs (Juniper only, for now)
And here is a list of what this looking glass should be able to do in the future:
- Support more routers
- Support of other types of authentication
Questions? Comments? Join us in the
#looking-glass Slack channel on
Copy the configuration config.php.example file to create a config.php file. It contains all the values (PHP variables) used to customize the looking glass. Details about configuration options are available in the documentation.
If you want to run the looking glass inside a Docker container, a Dockerfile is provided in this repository. More details can be found here.
An up-to-date (hopefully) documentation is available in the docs/ directory. It gives enough details to setup the looking glass, to configure it and to prepare your routers.
You can also find it at Read the Docs.
Looking Glass is released under the terms of the GNU GPLv3. Please read the LICENSE file for more information.
If you have any bugs, errors, improvements, patches, ideas, you can create an issue. You are also welcome to fork and make some pull requests.
You can help this project in many ways. Of course you can ask for features, give some ideas for future development, open issues if you found any and contribute to the code with pull requests and patches. You can also support the development of this project by donating some coins.